Part-Time Program Coordinator- Youth Literacy
Why you will love this job:
If you have a passion for building a strong, prosperous, more equitable community through the enhancement of literacy and education, this is the role you have been searching for!
What your future day will look like:
- Deal effectively, cooperatively, and tactfully with students, staff, and community partners.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, training and retention.
- Assist with the development and facilitation of all program components.
- Oversee student intake, assessment, placement, and retention.
- Compile and maintain library of resources for students and tutors.
- Administer periodic in-service trainings and evaluations for current tutors.
- Ensure all program reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintain accurate daily attendance, evaluation records, and progress reports.
- Administer and score language assessment tests along with general intake of students.
- Maintain communication with participants and potential participants.
- Attend meetings associated with ongoing and potential programs.
- Perform data entry associated with program reporting.
- Report to director on program status, needs, and problems.
- Work within the program to help at least one student achieve their goal(s).
- Write content for quarterly newsletter.
- Write press releases.
- Design marketing/promotional materials as needed.
- Update Website and Smart Phone App as needed.
- Manage mail and assist with other office duties as needed.
- Assist with fundraising, training, marketing, and volunteer events
- Assist with social media posts and engagement.
- Work with community partners attend occasional trainings and conferences.
Qualifications to succeed in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Human Service major. A combination of education and work experience will be taken into consideration for applicants for this position.
- Ability to work independently, effectively manage time, and organize workload.
- Travel to various tutoring sites throughout Rowan County.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of database management and common computer applications, as well as familiarity with compiling/developing online learning tools and utilizing web-based resources.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- 25 hours per week
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.