These training courses are for volunteer tutors of ABE and ESL students ONLY. You do not need to take this training path if you are going to be tutoring with our Youth Literacy Program at Hurley Elementary.
Below are 2 of the videos that will help you with the fundamentals of teaching an adult to read. The rest of courses must be accessed on the ProLiteracy website- instructions are detailed below.
To access the rest of the online training courses, please click here and follow the directions below.
1. Click Browse Resources
2. Under the tab Browse for Resources, select Old ProLiteracy EdNet Online Courses
3. Find the courses you need and click on the title
4. Click Confirm
5. If you are not already registered with ProLiteracy, select Register Now
6. Once you have created a username and password, you will confirm the course again and will have access to it.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties, contact us and we'll get it sorted out!
1. A Way with Words: Strategies for Strengthening Adult Learners' Vocabularies
2. Before, During and After - A Reading Comprehension Technique
3. Understanding the Reading Process
Pick one from the courses below:
1. Principles of Adult Learning
2. Unleashing Potential through Multi-Intelligent Literacy Instruction